Welcome to Willow Class's pupil pages
Willow are our class of year 1 and year 2 superstars! The teaching team is Mr Thomas (teacher) and Miss Marks (teaching assistant). Some of the things that the children in the class love are:
- listening to their daily story and writing their own,
- drawing and colouring,
- playing games,
- learning new things,
- making and playing with friends,
- doing LEAP (daily physical exercise) outside,
- topic learning,
Our morning always starts with some physical exercise, which helps children’s mental health. We usually follow this with maths, healthy snack, phonics and English. One of the teaching team reads a book to the class every single day. In the afternoons, after collective worship, the class have further exercise followed by other subjects (Geography, History, Science, RE, DT, Art, Computing, PE, Music or PSHE). Some of our recent themes have included ‘Movers and Shakers’, ‘Animal Habitats’ and ‘Let’s Explore the World’.
How to help at home:
- Children in Willow receive homework every week which includes number work, reading and spellings to learn (these are linked to the weekly phonics). This is the primary way in which parents can help.
- ‘Sounds Write’ phonics.
- White Rose Maths Digital tools
- Mathletics We subscribe to Mathletics and your child has their own login. Please ask the teaching team if your child does not know what it is.
- BBC Bitesize for KS1 – a range of resources for curriculum resources
- Oxford Owl reading – includes free e-books for children age 3-7
- Draw with Rob – a step-by-step drawing series
- Topmarks – a huge range of resources/games/activities